Friday, July 25, 2014

New york - week 4

This week was a bit quieter.  We were still tired from all the walking we did in Boston.

One of the best parts about being in New York is that we have made a big effort to eat dinner at the table each night.  We have to eat later because of Chad's schedule, but it is worth it.  And, we don't have all the toys/extra tvs (like we do at home) here, so the distractions are less.

The kids love this part of the day.  Olivia has always loved having "feasts" no matter what the meal is. We always share the worst part/best part of our day and Caleb ALWAYS says the best part is dinner time!

Since we are in New York, the kids have to go to the grocery store with me.  Not always fun, but we are getting into a better groove.  One bummer is groceries are expensive here!  Makes me miss my H.E.B. and their reasonable prices.

Olivia LOVES the produce department here!


We also found another grocery store that we shop at every Sunday.  It is called The Fresh Market and it a smaller version of Whole Foods.  The girls love the ribs there!  Caleb loves the fresh bread.  They all love the candy section!


I have been trying my hardest to make the kids more accountable.  And, for the most part, they like to help.  Olivia loves to set the table.  Caleb is great at clearing the table.  Ella loves to help cook.  She can scramble some mean eggs!  Olivia loves to help cook as well.  I am going to start involving them in menu planning and teaching them how to cook.  I could use the help too!


Or should I rethink this plan?


We spent a lot of time at the pool!




Yes, they are sharing flippers ;-)



Ella had a bit of a fever this week.


Caleb woke up with a crick in his neck.  Poor guy couldn't move his head for days.


Since Ella and Caleb were not feeling good, we decided not to go to the park/lake to see fireworks this year.  We did hop in the car and saw a few.  Enough to make it count!



We also took a quick trip up to Lake George.  It is only 20 minutes away (if Chad is driving) and is a perfect place to sit outside and have lunch while overlooking the lake, mini golfing, shopping, and more.



The girls had their hair wrapped = braided.  So cute!






The kids BEGGED to go to the haunted house.  We were a bit hesitant.  The last time we took them to one, they all ended up crying and we had to escape through an emergency hallway exit.  


Olivia was having second thoughts ;-)


Ella wasn't too sure either!

I am proud to say they did much better this time!  Caleb was a strong leader the entire time, not scared at all.  Olivia held my hand really tight (as well as the lady's behind us, she was scared and asked Olivia if it was okay to hold her hand). Ella did get scared and needed to be carried by Chad, but she made it through.  Success!


The kids attacked each other on the bumper boats!



The poor girls were soaked!



And they found yet ANOTHER carousel to ride!




I am sure we will take another trip to Lake George.  There is so much to dew!  
Maybe next time I will get my hair wrapped ;-)

Have a great weekend!  We are headed to the Saratoga County Fair!!


2 comments:

  1. Another week of fun for the Plemon's!!! I love the sequenced photos of the kids jumping in the pool! They sure love going there each day. I laughed so hard at the thought of Caleb attacking the girls with the water gun and the girls "trying" to get him back--his an authority on attacking--with his Nerf guns! The Carousel is so pretty--I love them and that is something you never get too old for, even for Gramma and Papa. Have a great time at the fair--looking forward to seeing photos of that and what ever else you dew.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you need to go back there! It looks like so much fun. And you should get your hair wrapped...and a tattoo! I love carousel's. I wish I had one in my backyard! This is a summer your family will never forget. I love all these posts. Thanks for keeping us updated with your vacation!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...