Monday, July 9, 2012

(More) Summer so far - Part 2

Summer is quickly flying by.  I was crazy to think that I could get a lot more done this summer with the kids home.  But, as you can see by my lack of blogging, not much is getting done...

In addition to Caleb attending Lego robotics camp, dentist appointments, swimming lessons, tutoring, watching Madagascar 3 and Brave, here is what's been going on:


We bought this armoire on Craigslist months ago.  The size was perfect and the price was right.  The looks are all wrong.  The yellow paint looks like a cheap, fake yellow wood grain.  It had decorations that looked like shells.  Not cool.  We pulled those off along with some molding and sanded it down.  And then painted...



The painting is not quite done - still needs another coat or so - but I think will be a nice pop of color in Chad's office.  I hope the color works!  Once we add the dark hardware, we will decide if it needs to be distressed or stained.


While Caleb was at Lego camp, the girls and I made Oreo balls.  Oreos, cream cheese and melted chocolate.  Yum.  Yum.  And yum.

First, the girls crushed the Oreos.  Olivia dressed up in her swim suit.


Ella, on the other hand, crushed away in just her "pantsies" as she calls them.  She is always stripping down to her pantsies...  It is Texas and it does get hot.


Olivia decided to pound the cookies to crumbs. 


 Next, we combined the cookie crumbs with the cream cheese.


Ella was in charge of stirring and was nice enough to put some pants on.  Thanks, Ella!


Taste test to make sure they are safe to eat :)


Roll into balls and refrigerate...


Melt some chocolate...


Dip each ball into the melted chocolate and refrigerate again.


And finally - enjoy!


I am organizing all the kids movies from this mess...


into these bins that I bought at The Container Store.


And we also took a quick day trip to San Antonio!  I will post about our day next!





3 comments:

  1. Hope my responses will post now that I have my 'puter back. Summer is indeed whizzing by--the kids are having fun though and that is all that matters. The Oreo balls look delish! I forgot to take a couple with us when we stopped in. San Antonia pics will be fun to see--along with the completed Billy Bookcase all decorated! And a new light too. Then maybe our curtains for our bedroom-no pressure.;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to figure out how I can come and visit. I need to see the kids in person. And you too Aubs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must! The kids are so big now, you won't believe it! Plus, they would love some "christmas" treats - it has been awhile:)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...